EDITOR -- Nancy FooteThis committee assists in the preparation of the LACC Newsletter by writing or soliciting articles for inclusion in the Newsletter and by reviewing and editing articles, reports and “Letters to the Editor” that are submitted by the membership and LACC staff to be included in the Newsletter. There are 8 issues of the LACC Newsletter published each year with the Editor generally responsible for all Newsletter content except for advertising. Those articles accepted for publication shall be subject to commonly accepted journalistic editing practices.
“Letters to the Editor” shall be limited to 200 words and must be signed and contain the address and telephone number of the writer. Only letters from LACC members shall be printed. “Letters” will be run on a space available basis and will be rejected if, in the opinion of the Editorial Committee, they contain defamatory or libelous material or offensive language.
Committee meeting dates and times are published in the LACC Events Calendar.
Specific Role Statement
The Newsletter Editorial Committee is a standing, advisory committee of the Lake Almanor Country Club (LACC) Board of Directors. As an advisory committee it provides the General Manager and the Board with reports, recommendations, and suggestions covering those areas of its responsibility on an as-needed basis or for special Board assignments. The Chair of this committee is the Editor of the LACC Newsletter.
To review and edit articles, reports and “Letters to the Editor” to be included in the LACC Newsletter.
Specific Committee Functions
1. Follow the guidelines in the “Overall Role Statement for LACC Committees.”
2. Assist the editor in deciding which articles and reports shall be included in the LACC Newsletter.
3. Write or solicit articles for inclusion in the Newsletter.
4. Review “Letters to the Editor” for possible libel problems, and confer with the General Manager for advice on these situations.
5. Write editorials and responses to “Letters to the Editor” where, in the opinion of the editor and/or the committee, a response is warranted.
6. The General Manager shall review all edited articles, reports, letters, etc. prior to submittal to the publisher for printing.
General LACC Newsletter Operating Guidelines
The LACC Newsletter editor is generally responsible for all Newsletter content except for advertising. Every article submitted to the Newsletter shall be considered for publication by the editor. Those articles accepted for publication shall be subject to commonly accepted journalistic editing practices.
When making editorial changes, the editor shall endeavor to avoid changing the author’s meaning or thrust of his or her arguments. If changes are made, the article shall be returned to the author for approval. If the author does not approve of the changes, he or she may withdraw the article or may challenge the editor’s changes to the editorial committee. The ruling of the editorial committee is final.